Editor’s Note: As we reported last year, then-Super Bowl champion Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll has apparently been vocal in questioning the events of 9/11 for some time, going so far as to ask confrontational questions to a Four Star Army General affiliated with the Seattle team. See below for more.
By Kevin Ryan | Originally posted at DigWithin.net
The coach of the Super Bowl winning Seattle Seahawks is in the media again as his team prepares for a second championship game. Coach Pete Carroll is getting special attention in the news because he is known to have questioned the official account of the 9/11 attacks. Even today, he is still looking for answers about those crimes, saying, “I will always be interested in the truth.”
The average football fan, whose exposure to questions about 9/11 is typically limited to snarky, ill-informed mainstream media stories, might wonder why Carroll would go there. Here are a dozen quick reasons why everyone should seek the truth about 9/11.
- The directors of the FBI and the CIA ignored or facilitated terrorism in the years leading up to 9/11.
- Before 9/11, the nation’s leading counter-terrorism expert repeatedly notified his friends in the United Arab Emirates of top-secret U.S. plans to capture Osama bin Laden. These treasonous leaks prevented Bin Laden’s capture on at least two separate occasions.
- On 9/11, NORAD was running military exercises that mimicked the events of the day. This caused the military air defense responders to confuse the actual hijackings with the exercises.
- In the years since 9/11, we’ve been given several, distinctly different, official explanations for the failure to intercept any of the hijacked planes. The last explanation, given in The 9/11 Commission Report, requires us to believe that many U.S. Air Force officers had previously been lying in a way that made them all look very bad.
- We’ve also been given several, distinctly different, official explanations for the unprecedented destruction of the World Trade Center (WTC) towers. The last explanation is false in every way and critical evidence has been ignored to this day.
- The U.S. government now admits that the third WTC skyscraper that was destroyed on 9/11 was in free-fall. The official report for its destruction was built entirely on a computer model that we are not allowed to see.
- No changes have been made to building construction standards in response to the officially cited root causes for the WTC destruction. No existing buildings have been retrofitted to ensure that they do not fail from those alleged causes.
- On 9/11, the Secret Service did not protect the president at his well-publicized location, despite the obvious danger from terrorism.
- The 9/11 Commission claimed 63 times in its Report that it could find “no evidence” related to important aspects of the crimes.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission notified the FBI of suspected 9/11 insider trading transactions. That evidence was ignored and the suspects were not even questioned by the FBI or the 9/11 Commission.
- The first alleged Al-Qaeda leader detained by the U.S., upon whose torture testimony the 9/11 Commission Report was built, is now known to have never had any relationship to Al-Qaeda at all. The 9/11 Commission vice-chairman has developed amnesia about that most important torture victim while his Report stands as the best, and perhaps only, argument in favor of a continued U.S. torture policy.
- Some of the most lucid and intelligent Americans, including Noam Chomsky, quickly feign ignorance when presented with information that contradicts the official account of 9/11.
Therefore Pete Carroll probably has good reasons to wonder what really happened on 9/11. The next question is—will football fans be able to take Carroll’s lead and move beyond the vacuous official account of 9/11? As the threat of never-ending war continues, an increasing number will answer in the affirmative.
Aaron Dykes and Melissa Melton | Truthstream Media.com
Behind the scenes, head of coach of Seattle’s winning team already posed 9/11 truth questions to a top Pentagon official and lead general in the Iraq War: were the September 11 attacks planned or faked by the United States government?
The NBC Sports blog Pro Football Talk and the sports blog Deadspin reported on the press conference interruption by taking a shot at Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, who apparently had his own 9/11 truth confrontation last summer.
According to an account posted by Deadspin, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll had an interview with retired Four Star Army General and commander of the Iraq War, Peter Chiarelli, where he steered talk about the Seattle sports team and their joint efforts in traumatic brain injury research into discussion about 9/11 and the Iraq War.
Deadspin reports that Superbowl winner Pete Carroll confronted Chiarelli and “wanted to know if the September 11 attacks had been planned or faked by the United States government.” Carroll further asked “whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened” and brought up ‘every 9/11 conspiracy theory you can think of,’ according to sources.
Seahawks offensive line coach Pat Ruel was among the sources who witnessed the meeting and claims that Carroll, “didn’t stop at 9/11—he had lots of questions about the role of the military today.”
Deadspin reports that the meeting turned “hostile,” and that Chiarelli left the roof after his PR interview over football and traumatic brain injuries was rerouted into a confrontation over the many lies over the Iraq War and the 9/11 attacks that provided a pretext for the preemptive war.
A Seattle linebacker named Riki Ellison who now runs a Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance and connected Coach Carroll and retired General Chiarelli commented that “Pete had a four-star general in the room, one of the army’s top guys. Why wouldn’t you push the envelope?”